Page 1 of 1
How do I get my COO to stay?
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:21 am
by platonica
I love having a COO, but every few years, the one I have resigns, which means I have to find a new one and set up how to manage the firms again. The old one tends to have a bad attitude toward the Company. How do I keep the one I have?
Re: How do I get my COO to stay?
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:54 pm
by Kapseljd
Your COO asks for a salary raise or will leave your Company.
So Pay more or search for an better COO.
who eventually also will ask for an salary raise.
Re: How do I get my COO to stay?
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:30 pm
by lucks
if you have 100% ownership of your Company consider selling 1-10% so your officers can buy into the Company.
they will buy the stocks and they they will stay longer.
Re: How do I get my COO to stay?
Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:54 am
by counting
I felt it also help if your profit always grow in proportion over time. COO like to increase their wealth. And their initial salary is a portion of your annual revenue. So they need to have "actual" paid increase from the portion of the annual profit.
Personally I face the opposite problem, since I always dislike their higher salary eating my profit, and not hiring COO if possible. If they asked for a raise, I just fire them. (or lower my profit, and rehire a cheaper one). I love micromanage my firms directly. COO is only helpful to me for price war and media firm management, billions of salary with these few functions is not worth it.
Re: How do I get my COO to stay?
Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:27 pm
by platonica
Kapseljd wrote:Your COO asks for a salary raise or will leave your Company.
So Pay more or search for an better COO.
who eventually also will ask for an salary raise.
My COO never asks for a raise, just informs me of the resignation. The other two ask for raises, but never the COO.
Re: How do I get my COO to stay?
Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:32 pm
by platonica
counting wrote:I felt it also help if your profit always grow in proportion over time. COO like to increase their wealth. And their initial salary is a portion of your annual revenue. So they need to have "actual" paid increase from the portion of the annual profit.
Personally I face the opposite problem, since I always dislike their higher salary eating my profit, and not hiring COO if possible. If they asked for a raise, I just fire them. (or lower my profit, and rehire a cheaper one). I love micromanage my firms directly. COO is only helpful to me for price war and media firm management, billions of salary with these few functions is not worth it.
I use them for my retail firms, and keep farming, mining and manufacturing to myself.
Re: How do I get my COO to stay?
Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:04 am
by Esoteric Rogue
platonica wrote:My COO never asks for a raise, just informs me of the resignation. The other two ask for raises, but never the COO.
If that is the case, then it is a bug. COO should always ask for a raise and will only leave when you reject giving a raise or fire him directly.
Re: How do I get my COO to stay?
Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:27 pm
by lucks
i still wouldnt call it a bug just for that.
please check the stocks owned by your COO. If he has equity in other companies (maybe even competing ones) it is perfectly normal for him/her not to want to work for you anymore.