Page 1 of 2
I wonder how to add a new store.
Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:06 pm
by sj3270
I wonder how to add a new store.
If you know, please let me know the way.
Re: I wonder how to add a new store.
Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:46 pm
by WilliamMGary
Hmm.. You're trying to place a new store or mod the game to add a new store?
Re: I wonder how to add a new store.
Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:01 pm
by sj3270
WilliamMGary wrote:Hmm.. You're trying to place a new store or mod the game to add a new store?
I would like to add a gas station or coffee shop (Starbucks)
Re: I wonder how to add a new store.
Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:16 pm
by WilliamMGary
Ah. I'm not up on the modding capabilities, but I don't remember seeing the ability to modify store type just the products that can be sold, crops and raw materials.
Re: I wonder how to add a new store.
Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:06 pm
by sj3270
WilliamMGary wrote:Ah. I'm not up on the modding capabilities, but I don't remember seeing the ability to modify store type just the products that can be sold, crops and raw materials.
Thank you for answer.
I did not find that function.
So I question here.
Re: I wonder how to add a new store.
Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:27 pm
by Black
It is not possible with the current MOD system, but it will be available in the future. You have to wait

Re: I wonder how to add a new store.
Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:08 am
by sj3270
Black wrote:It is not possible with the current MOD system, but it will be available in the future. You have to wait

I hope soon support.
Re: I wonder how to add a new store.
Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:56 am
by David
I would like to do a quick survey here about how many users are interested in creating new building graphics for CapLab (e.g. graphics for a new retail store.)
For example, attached is the image of the department store in CapLab. To add a new type of store, a new image will have to be created in the similar format.
Re: I wonder how to add a new store.
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:56 am
by counting
Since Capitalism is 2D, thus the image itself isn't that difficult to produce, just an png file format with transparent background. IMO the problem will be aesthetic, since not modder is graphic designer. However it can prove very useful if someone with good skill can make the existing in-game city view looked completely different and refreshing (even as themes liked, futurist, modern, nostalgia, Scandinavian, Asian, etc.)
Let modder improve graphics as they see fit, like most indie games these days. This will go hand in hand with current modding where new types of products can be added freely and new types of retails are sorely needed
Re: I wonder how to add a new store.
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:01 pm
by WilliamMGary
David wrote:I would like to do a quick survey here about how many users are interested in creating new building graphics for CapLab (e.g. graphics for a new retail store.)
For example, attached is the image of the department store in CapLab. To add a new type of store, a new image will have to be created in the similar format.
I think having the ability would be nice. Could help with modders introducing different store types and food products.