Page 1 of 1

Expanding farm products and maintaining quality

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:35 pm
by cbtendo
I need some help with how to expand farm production capabilities. In this case, leather production.

Before i go into details, let me describe my company first. my company specialize in footwear products. I currently have 3-5 large factories per footwear products just to keep up with demands. (high heel shoes, shoes, sport shoes, sandals, slippers. I played with real world mod) At this stage, I already owned the whole supply chain, from farms and mines to retail. I have 46 retail shops, 22 factories, 10 farms, 3 mines, 24 R&D labs.

Now my problem lies in the high heels shoes and shoes product line. To produce those products, i need leather. And currently, I have a leather shortage problem.
For each line I have 5 large factories and the leather for those 5 factories are supplied by 1 large farm (using 3 livestock unit, 3 processing unit, 2 sales unit and 1 inventory unit). In the beginning, i don't have any problem with supplying those 5 factory with only 1 farm. But now, leather production can't keep up with the demands from my factories, even with level 8 processing unit. My whole production line stopped just because i didn't have enough leather.

I already set up 2 new large farms to produce leathers, but since its new, leather quality is still substandard so i cant use it (47 compared to 75). I tried to open leather wallet line just to help train my new farms, but after 2 years, my new leather quality has not reached 75 yet.

I tried using a warehouse to "dilute" my leather products so that I can get a consistent leather quality. But it seems that it didn't worked as i hoped. It seems to alternate stocking and selling 2 different leather with 2 leather quality. So, rather then consistent leather quality, what i got is one batch of 75 quality leather and the next batch i got 57 quality leather. That is not good.

I tried using a training programme from HQ, but since i have so many factory and retail shops, it seems that it didn't have any effect towards the 2 farms. Not to mention it's very very expensive.

Is there anything else i can do to tackle this problem?

*technically, i can use those 57 quality leather, and i can afford the consequences, but I don't want to.
*I'm sorry if my English are bad. English isn't my first language.

Re: Expanding farm products and maintaining quality

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:08 pm
by rmax
Maybe hire COO with high farming and training expertises and assign him to farms, this increases units levels and training speed.

Re: Expanding farm products and maintaining quality

Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:33 pm
by greewoch
indeed, you can never go wrong with a high farming expertise COO, if you really hate to hire a COO; supply your rich, qulity demanding city with high quality materials, and low price demanding cities with low quality materials.

Re: Expanding farm products and maintaining quality

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:13 am
by cbtendo
Well... I already have a COO with 100 retail expertise. If i changed my COO, would my retail store loses some levels?

Re: Expanding farm products and maintaining quality

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 pm
by WilliamMGary
cbtendo wrote:Well... I already have a COO with 100 retail expertise. If i changed my COO, would my retail store loses some levels?
Yes, unless the level of 9 has been obtained via the store's training budget.

Re: Expanding farm products and maintaining quality

Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:40 pm
by cbtendo
WilliamMGary wrote:
cbtendo wrote:Well... I already have a COO with 100 retail expertise. If i changed my COO, would my retail store loses some levels?
Yes, unless the level of 9 has been obtained via the store's training budget.
Ouch.. I rather keep my current COO to maintain high output in my retail stores. I guess its time to venture into a new product and let my high heel shoes and shoes become a limites quantity product.