Naming your firms
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:14 pm
* Naming your business.
In the lower left hand corner of the screen showing a firm's details, there is a little paper/pen icon that you can click. This opens a text entry box where you can choose to put a name for your firm. This name is used in screens such as "Show Supplier" to show who/what it is you are dealing with if you give it a meaningful name. Here are some names I am choosing in my current run of the Real Estate Mogul scenario (and I'm in mostly food, drugs, and beverages)
"Meats #1 - Toulouse" {a convenience store specializing in frozen foods}
"Crazy Eddy's - Paris" {a megastore I use for discounting and clearing out my own products accumulating from excess production capacity}
"Giant Vulture - Boston" {a grocery store, parody of our local chain "Giant Eagle"}
"BevMo #2 - Kansas City" {a liquor and beverage store, part of a local 3 convenience store chain}
"DC#1 - Paris" {A large regional warehouse in Paris being used as a distribution center for products coming into Paris retail locations}
In the lower left hand corner of the screen showing a firm's details, there is a little paper/pen icon that you can click. This opens a text entry box where you can choose to put a name for your firm. This name is used in screens such as "Show Supplier" to show who/what it is you are dealing with if you give it a meaningful name. Here are some names I am choosing in my current run of the Real Estate Mogul scenario (and I'm in mostly food, drugs, and beverages)
"Meats #1 - Toulouse" {a convenience store specializing in frozen foods}
"Crazy Eddy's - Paris" {a megastore I use for discounting and clearing out my own products accumulating from excess production capacity}
"Giant Vulture - Boston" {a grocery store, parody of our local chain "Giant Eagle"}
"BevMo #2 - Kansas City" {a liquor and beverage store, part of a local 3 convenience store chain}
"DC#1 - Paris" {A large regional warehouse in Paris being used as a distribution center for products coming into Paris retail locations}