Editing Commercial and Residential Demand

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Dmcc590551

Editing Commercial and Residential Demand

Post by Dmcc590551 »

Does anyone know of a way to adjust how much demand is satisfied by placing commercial and residential buildings? I don't like how commercial demand is satisfied by placing 3-4 buildings. I want to be able to develop a whole downtown; not just a block.

Also, does anyone know how to get the game to recognize new commercial and residential buildings that are addins? It would be nice to have more than three residential options.
anjali
Level 4 user

Re: Editing Commercial and Residential Demand

Post by anjali »

playing a game over certain amount of years, always ended up to have whole commercial blocks build up and fully rented out (10-16 per town) often even with total oversupply, as the gov.commercials are spread out everywhwere with very bad overall rating, so i keep building more commercials right into the CBD with a whole residential setup not far off to have high-end overall ratings, thus my commercials gonna get filled up whilest AI and gov commercials stay way below 70% often around 50%.

for modding, it looks like the real estate stuff is in the main core of the gamesystem and you cant modify it, as the modding only applies to shops and products. sure would be nice to have different appartment layouts (aslong as the profit marge is good) but i only build 1, the most profitable. the 1st one too small the 3rd one is just a money eater that never will make a satisfying profit. but with all the public and sport facilities + hundred shops around a residential site still looks quite good with only 1 type of residential building. and if ya need more demand for residential buildings, bulldoze the small private homes and those guys only have 2 options: your appartments or the next bridge ^^