Capitalism 2 add-on price point

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab

Which way do you prefer Cap2 add-on to be released?

the lowest possible price point (around $5) + some new features + no multiplayer support
No votes
a lower price point (around $10) + more new features + no multiplayer support
28%
a higher price point (around $15) + more new features + multiplayer support
72%
I think all the above options are too expensive, $2 or $3 is more reasonable. I don't need multiplayer support as I only played Cap2 in single player mode.
No votes

Total votes: 47

David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Capitalism 2 add-on price point

Post by David »

Which way do you prefer Cap2 add-on to be released?
Alan Doyle
Level 2 user

Re: Capitalism 2 add-on price point

Post by Alan Doyle »

I would prefer a nice shiny box full of printed materials, wallcharts and so on. ;)

However, I would be happy to pay online and download. I can't imagine file size would be an issue.
businessteacher
Level 2 user

Post by businessteacher »

how about some videos of products actually being made etc. so if i was in my factory and it was making cars i could click on a button and it would show a video of a car actually being made in a facotry etc. again would be very good for lessons. i would be willing to pay alot more if it had these type of features in it as well. someone mentioned about having charts and being in a box it would look better so id probs perfer that as well.
adj_boy

Post by adj_boy »

I voted "a lower price point" as I play Capitalism 2 by myself, so I don't care for multiplayer support.

However, I would gladly pay an extra 5 $ if that means a thorough overhaul of the AI.
Jan Magne

Post by Jan Magne »

I do enjoy a nice box, but if a downloadable version costs less I'd go for that.

I like Blizzard and Valve's way of doing this where I can buy the boxed version (strangely it's often cheaper than the download-only version), register the serial key on their site and get access to the downloadable version (in case I lose or break the original or I'm at a LAN party and forgot to bring the disc).
ajpiper2k
Level 2 user

Post by ajpiper2k »

I don't care about downloads vs. box. I don't even care about multi-player support. But, I would like to see a release with enough features to be a release we can all be proud of. For that, I'd be willing to pay $15 for it (even if it does have to be downloaded).

Thanks.

Andy
edqmaster

Post by edqmaster »

15 bucks is good price point ....dont need a multiplayer prefer a better ai ..... digital download through impulse or steam would be good too in game manual is fine just want a really good simulation game they dont make them any more all you find now is grahphics based game and not gameplay
brianwiz
Level 3 user

Post by brianwiz »

im at 05.

redo AI

give us more

Multiplayer is not huge on the list.
LowNSlow01

Post by LowNSlow01 »

I'm in for whatever it costs to fix the existing bugs and add as many features as practical. This is the BEST business game I have ever played in my life. And I have searched a lot!
Sarcasticon

Post by Sarcasticon »

Another late vote for "a lower price point (around $10) + more new features + no multiplayer support" as I don't care for a Capitalism II multiplayer.
True, it would be much more challenging than the current AI but on the other hand it would require a lot of re-balancing, much more than for the single player game.
As an example, if the current rules were kept, most people would rush to manufacture beds and the likes as this requires little investment, has a sizeable market and nice profit margin. After players have access to more R&D and cash, they'd all move on to pharmaceuticals while farming and plenty of other products would be largely ignored.

Regarding pricing, be careful that the add-on doesn't look too expensive compared to the original game, as that's been sold for almost dumping prices over the past few years (e.g. on Impulse)