More Realistic

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
titanicboy1

More Realistic

Post by titanicboy1 »

Banktrupcty:
I'd like to see other bankruptcy options, the only option the game provides is Liquidation (Chapter 7), I'd like to see other forms of bankrupcty such as Chapter 11 where you can dump loss making assets, sell some assets, renegotiate loan terms, etc. Other options could be a Government bailout where the government provides funding. My final suggestiong is where you can sell the whole company, or just parts of it to a compettitor. Baiscally anything that would avoid the loss of thousands of jobs

Inflation:
Someone made this suggestions but only Hyper-Insflation of Hundreds or Thousands of percent. I'd like to see somethine more realistic such as 1.5 percent anually, this should include the cost of goods, salaries, marketing costs, etc.

Mortgages/Financing:
Someone also brought this up already but they only suggested specific loan terms, my suggestion is, in addition to being able to select terms, you can mortgage a facility you want to buy or build but also mortgage/finance existing facilities

Layoffs:
I am not sure if this is part of the game or not but it is not something that I've noticed, when you close several facilities in a single city if does not affect the local economy, in real life if likely would, if hundreds or thousands of people are suddenly without jobs.....we know what happens there.

Wages, Unions, Negotiations & Contracts, Strikes:
Specific Cities & positions within the company should have specific pay scales and if wages are not satisfactory to those workers there shoud be negotiation with the union and if that fails, a strike should occur.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: More Realistic

Post by David »

You may check out the following topics regarding inflation and macro economic indicators which are designed to further increase the game's realism. :

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=187
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=148
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Closing down firms will now have an effect to the city's unemployment rate in the new version.

Layoffs:
I am not sure if this is part of the game or not but it is not something that I've noticed, when you close several facilities in a single city if does not affect the local economy, in real life if likely would, if hundreds or thousands of people are suddenly without jobs.....we know what happens there.
Inarius
Level 4 user

Post by Inarius »

Seems very good. I hope it will be released in 2012 !