Global stock market and bonds problemes

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab
lillud321
Level 2 user

Global stock market and bonds problemes

Post by lillud321 »

Hi ,

I've been testing the new bond système and global make. I have run into 3 Little bugs.

1- The global market stock that my compagnie or my player Buys do not appear in there respective balance sheet .

2- The Global market tends towards the négative . What i mean is after a cernant time all the stocks looses all there value . I understand that certain should have that tendencie but not all . Because in général , the stock market should increase in time .

In the next Picture you can see that i have been playing 69 in game years and the photo above . All the socks have Lost more Thant a 100% value.

3- The la problème is that it Takes to long to by or sell bonds . there should be a way to by more at a time because it Takes 2 minutes to Buy 5 Millions in bonds.

Other then that , i love the DLC and its getting better every day .

Thank you
cxt8888

Re: Global stock market and bonds problemes

Post by cxt8888 »

I agree on the First and the Third too
beamthegreat
Level 3 user

Post by beamthegreat »

I agree. Buying "global stocks" do not show up in the balance sheet and the gains/loss also does not show up in the income statement. And it takes waaaay too long to purchase bonds, I literally had to program my mouse to hold the right click button so I can get up and brew some coffee while I wait.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Issues #1 and #3 have been fixed. Issue #2 has been improved.

Please download the latest version 6.0.05 from https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6904
standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by standardplayer »

Global Stock Market:

The Earnings multiples are way to low in that image of the global stock market they should be closer to 10-20 Times Earnings depending on interest rates and company growth.

It is helpful to separate the market into two simulations: the change in the Underlying Business and the Investment Market.

• The underlying business should grow at a certain rate over time depending on the where it is in the corporate life cycle (growth, maturity, etc.) and the business cycle (growth or recession) and distribute earnings depending on those factors as well.

o Earnings Growth:
-Mature Large Companies: Average 2.5%-5% Growth per Year
-Small Growing Companies: Average 5%-7.5%+ Growth per Year
-Earning should decline or stagnate a bit during recessions but recover afterward and balance out to the average growth rate. This would depend on the Business/Industry: Luxuries could decline significantly in recessions; while necessities would be more Stable.

o Dividend Yield:
-Mature Large Companies: 2.5%-5% Yield per Year (50%-100% Payout Ratio)
-Small Growing Companies: 0%-2.5% Yield per Year (0%-40% Payout Ratio)

•The investment market itself should fluctuate up and down within each year but with an overall upward trend except for a few individual companies that go bankrupt or decline especially in smaller and lower quality business every so many years that are replaced. Every 5-10 Years there should be positive average returns.

o Investment Value:
-Earnings Multiple: Depends on Interest Rates: Low Interest Rates = Low Multiple or High Interest Rates = High Multiple to create a equity return premium over bonds. Earnings Multiple: ~10-20 Times Earnings
o General Return and Price Value Growth (Example):
-Mature Large Companies: Average Return 7.5%-10% per year - Dividend Yield 2.5%-5% = ~5% Appreciation per year
-Small Growing Companies: Average Return 10%-12.5% per year - Dividend Yield 0%-2.5% = ~10% Appreciation per year

o Volatility and Recessions (Example):
-Mature Large Companies: Average of +- ~5%-10% variation per year, ~20%-50% Decline in Recession Every ~7-10/years
-Small Growing Companies: Average of +- ~7.5%-15% variation per year, ~30%-60% Decline in Recession Every ~7-10/years
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Hi Standardplayer, thanks for your inputs. I've forwarded them to the dev team.