Page 1 of 1

Global Stock Majority owned script

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:12 am
by Perentie
Hi,

Does anyone know the script line that would give you a goal of needing to be the majority owner of a global stock, i.e US Steel?

I played a game once and didn't set any goal other than 100years and it randomly gave me a goal of owing the majority of a global stock and I have no idea how to replicate it.

If possible I would like to be able the have the script randomly choose a global stock to own.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Global Stock Majority owned script

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:26 am
by Stylesjl
Perentie wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:12 amI played a game once and didn't set any goal other than 100years and it randomly gave me a goal of owing the majority of a global stock and I have no idea how to replicate it.
That doesn't sound right - are you sure that it wasn't just referencing ownership of a company in the local stock market (most likely the King of Capitalism goal)? I would like to see the save game for that one if you still have it. I am pretty sure that the Global Stock Market goal does not exist at all.
--
I mean it would be interesting to have as a goal, but the global stock market really doesn't do much except act as an investment vehicle for your surplus cash (mainly the insurance company), so I am not sure if a goal to own part of the global stock market would be worthwhile (it might also take a long time as the stocks are typically worth hundreds of billions).

Re: Global Stock Majority owned script

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:11 am
by Perentie
Unfortunately I don't have a saved game.

In regards to taking ages to buy the required stock that's the challenge I'm after. The built in challenge games no challenge at all.