Want to create expanded facilities

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
derekg52
Level 2 user

Want to create expanded facilities

Post by derekg52 »

Hey there,

How can I create expanded production facilities (factories, mines, warehouses)? None of the fields in the buildings.dbf seem obvious to me in terms of how production scales up. In Capitalism World there are 2 new factories with expanded production, but how was this done?

I'm in interested in creating more expensive / more productive versions of the buildings so I can simplify some of the management aspect when having a large company with the 50M population used.
derekg52
Level 2 user

Re: Want to create expanded facilities

Post by derekg52 »

Going to post this here in case anyone needs it. I got the answer in another thread, I am just starting to play with it but I did get it to work, there was a lot of trial and error in also getting the graphic resources straight for adding this new factory type.

In your buildings.dbf this would be a sample entry:

FACTORY FACTORY7 Factory 25x 4 4 9500 9500 5000 40 1 1

The key here is that "5000", in the vanilla game a large factory's "space" as it's coined in the file is 200, so this new factory can produce 25x as much stuff. All of the modules are basically expanded 25 times, the sales, manufacturing, purchasing.

Obviously this has huge gameplay implications if not balanced properly but with regards what I was trying to accomplish this will let me do some simpler end game management if I want to have 1 factory for a given product for instance.

I imagine it should work for the other building types I just haven't tried yet.