Product Customization

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
kg79
Level 3 user

Product Customization

Post by kg79 »

Hello! I like the new feature of customizing the products. But I think some things could be improved along with this feature. First it would be nice if we could name our customized products. Now we can do this in the setup window when we assign the custom pictures to the technology levels, but if we do this along with the setting of enabling product customiziation for the AI, the AI will also use the names. So I'm thinking more of editing the name in the factory when I set up the manufacturing of a customized product, which would only be for my products. Custom names for the AI could then be those from the general setup in the manufacturing guide screen.

It would be also nice if the pictures and custom names would appear when you move the mouse over a firm. Now we get only the standard product pics and standard names there, which can be somehow confusing.

Another nice thing would be when it would be possible to create several different lines of custom pics. Imagine you have Apple and IBM in the computer business and you could assign pics of beautiful and well designed computers strictly to one company, and ugly ones to the other for same tech levels. This could be somehow random, but should not mix. There are several product groups where it would be a very nice feature and a nice playground for modders. Think eg. of the car industry.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Product Customization

Post by David »

It would be also nice if the pictures and custom names would appear when you move the mouse over a firm. Now we get only the standard product pics and standard names there, which can be somehow confusing.
This issue will be fixed in the next patch after v3.4.00.
kg79
Level 3 user

Re: Product Customization

Post by kg79 »

Good to hear. I hope this also will influence the apperance of seaport products. Now they also keep their standard-look forever.