So, okay...I think.....I'll begin to make my own products and my own supply. Great idea!
I begin my making some farms to produce....say...frozen chicken. Frozen chicken is supplied by (an ever increasing stressed) seaport. My thoughts being I can stabilize my own stores supply of chicken, and combine it with Aluminum (from a seaport) in a factory and create a new product to sell that nobody else has.
BUT my farms start out at level 1, and produce crappy chicken that is far less quality than seaports, and the canned souped comes out far less quality than current local competitors are offering. So I can train the farms up to level 9...but THATS GOING TO TAKE A FEW YEARS, and in the meantime I have ALOT of crappy chicken that I dont want tarnishing my food brand....? What are players doing with the bad farm products, while they are training their farms up?
I've tried looking into using a COO with farming experience to run the farm, but my current COO is perfectly suited skill wise for my companys future markets, and current retailing. The highest farm skill guy out there (unemployed) is only 20 anyways with no other skills...Any suggestions?
