Do you think the release version should require Login check?

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab

Do you think the release version should require Login checking?

You may select 1 option

View results

moneytheory
Level 4 user

Re: Do you think the release version should require Login ch

Post by moneytheory »

happyreadygo wrote:What about 10 years later .. Will the login server still working? You ll see some player still playing cap2 , and it may be longer than 10 in cap lab.

And yes.. Piracy is limit the resource for the game..
So, my opinion is making it require of internet access for 2 years ,but for the final version of 2.xx (maybe next 2 years ) give it not need the login..

That time , cap lab should be 3.xx.
As you pointed out what happens when they turn the servers off or what happens if Enlight go bust we have game we cant play. However i do like your suggestion about not having a log on after a couple of versions so in effect a patch. That is a good idea and Paradox have done this to a few of there games where it required activations.

I still have CAP2 and sometimes i play it.
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Post by moneytheory »

mwyeoh wrote:Why dont you both try playing the game now as it is without internet access.
You will see that the game can still load

But if internet is required to download challenges (Challenges then must be downloaded and cannot be stored locally) and to submit scores, Im sure it will be enough incentive to get people to buy the game
I cant play it for a start because i am not a beta tester i did register but i wasn't selected.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I cant play it for a start because i am not a beta tester i did register but i wasn't selected.
Actually the game is now open to all registered beta testers. If you have registered before but can't login now, please let me know your username and we will look into it.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I would be more than happy if we had a de activation tool at least i am in control of it or have a system like Mount & blade where it expires after a certain time.
Do you have more details about this approach? And how do you see that it may suit Cap Lab?
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Post by moneytheory »

David wrote:
I would be more than happy if we had a de activation tool at least i am in control of it or have a system like Mount & blade where it expires after a certain time.
Do you have more details about this approach? And how do you see that it may suit Cap Lab?
Atari uses a system where you activate the product online if you uninstall the product provided you do it online it de activate and you will get your activation back to use next time.

See thread here for Mount &Blade about activations. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=12982.0

The advantage of the Tales world activation is it can be done manually for another pc or Laptop with out a internet connection and the activation will expire in 60 days if you do a uninstall in this way you wouldn't be missing out on any potential customers who don't have a internet connection or they want it on the Lat top. I prefer this method to the Atari method. The Tales world is more friendly DRM. Also take in mind a lot of Students will use this and a l of students would play this at there Schools or uni they wouldn't have access to the log on screen to play as the firewall would block it.

I hope this helped David