BUG: Global stock market

Banking and Finance DLC for Capitalism Lab
domdom553

BUG: Global stock market

Post by domdom553 »

This bug is repeatable for anyone so I will try to explain briefly without having to post a bunch of screenshots.

When you try to purchase a global stock you will get a group array error.
You will only get this error if say you have ai 6 companies in the game, than the 7th global stock company down the list from top to bottom will give you an error, but the 6th down the list will not.
If you have 30 ai companies in the game than all the global stocks are purchasable until you get to the 31st global stock down the list, which will give you the group array error.
If you have all ai 40 companies enabled than you can purchase every global stock without error.

Hopefully you caught my drift but if not I can try to explain better or give a screenshot but its pretty straight forward.

6 ai companies in-game= only 6 top companies on global stock list work without error

20 ai companies in-game= only 20 top companies on global stock list work with out error

15 ai companies in-game= you can buy and sell the 15 first global stock companies in-game without error, but when you hit the 16th company it's a group array error

P.S. Keep in mind if you set 4 companies in the game settings, the bug will start at the 6th global stock down the list because the actual amount of companies in-game is 6, not 4 (Beause private companies in-game)
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: BUG: Global stock market

Post by David »

This is a bug that has been fixed already. Please download the latest version v6.0.11 from https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6904
domdom553

Post by domdom553 »

I am running the latest version and it's still happening
nejxis
Level 3 user

Post by nejxis »

it's happening something similar to me, but I was able to purchase a lot of the stocks during the initial years, but in time less and less companies are allowing me to purchase their stock, even though I bought some of them before.

here's a copy of the current auto save (It's too big for an attachment) - in year 2061 : https://gofile.io/?c=y0pJFZ

I was not able to purchase Boeing, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co, United Health since the beginning of the game.

By time, I can no longer purchase General Electric, 3M Company, Nike, Verizon, Walmart although I purchased their shares before.
David

Post by David »

nejxis wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:01 pm it's happening something similar to me, but I was able to purchase a lot of the stocks during the initial years, but in time less and less companies are allowing me to purchase their stock, even though I bought some of them before.

here's a copy of the current auto save (It's too big for an attachment) - in year 2061 : https://gofile.io/?c=y0pJFZ

I was not able to purchase Boeing, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co, United Health since the beginning of the game.

By time, I can no longer purchase General Electric, 3M Company, Nike, Verizon, Walmart although I purchased their shares before.
I loaded your save game. I noted that your main company's cash is $0 and thus it cannot buy any stocks. I was able to buy stocks after adding cash to your company using cheat keys.
David

Post by David »

domdom553 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:12 pm I am running the latest version and it's still happening
This issue will be fixed in the upcoming version 6.0.12.
nejxis
Level 3 user

Post by nejxis »

David wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:47 am
nejxis wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:01 pm it's happening something similar to me, but I was able to purchase a lot of the stocks during the initial years, but in time less and less companies are allowing me to purchase their stock, even though I bought some of them before.

I loaded your save game. I noted that your main company's cash is $0 and thus it cannot buy any stocks. I was able to buy stocks after adding cash to your company using cheat keys.

I was purchasing everything through my subsidiary rather than my main holding company, but glad it will be fixed.
David

Post by David »

Actually it is not a bug. The reason why you couldn't buy the stock is that there are no stocks held by public shareholders to buy from. You will have to buy the stocks from existing shareholders by offering them a higher price. You could do so by selecting an existing shareholder in the shareholder list.