Development team, help us (mod creators) to provide a better gaming experience.

Discuss modding and share your mods with the community in this forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
SuperModBr
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2025 6:48 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Development team, help us (mod creators) to provide a better gaming experience.

Post by SuperModBr »

Hello team, how are you?

I hope you are doing well. I would like to share a challenge I encountered while working on my mod and also suggest a possible improvement.

Currently, I am expanding my mod by adding new product chains for the community. One of these chains is quite complex and requires careful balancing to avoid disrupting the game economy.

As part of this process, I created a new factory for this sector with higher efficiency, since the chain involves high demand. My intention was for this factory to be mainly used by players, not by AI companies. To achieve this, I increased the construction cost.

However, I noticed that AI companies still strongly prefer this new factory due to its higher efficiency, ignoring the higher cost. This creates a major balance issue, as it disrupts other sectors of the economy.

Because of this, I would like to suggest a new feature for modding:

Why not introduce a DBF file for factories, similar to RETAIL_STORE_PRODUCT.DBF?

This file could be optional. If left empty, it would not affect the game. But if used, it would allow modders to customize factory behavior, such as:

* AI usage restrictions or preferences
* Efficiency modifiers
* Cost balancing parameters

This would give modders much more control over balancing and AI behavior, especially for complex production chains.

I have also included some example images to better illustrate the idea.

Thank you for your time, and I hope this suggestion can be useful for future improvements.
EXEMPLO.png
EXEMPLO.png (178.46 KiB) Viewed 1701 times
Post Reply