How do I get my COO to stay?

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
Post Reply
platonica
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:47 pm

How do I get my COO to stay?

Post by platonica »

I love having a COO, but every few years, the one I have resigns, which means I have to find a new one and set up how to manage the firms again. The old one tends to have a bad attitude toward the Company. How do I keep the one I have?
Kapseljd
Level 2 user
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:39 am

Re: How do I get my COO to stay?

Post by Kapseljd »

Your COO asks for a salary raise or will leave your Company.

So Pay more or search for an better COO.
who eventually also will ask for an salary raise.
John aka. Kapseljd
Dutch (the Netherlands)
lucks
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:39 am

Re: How do I get my COO to stay?

Post by lucks »

if you have 100% ownership of your Company consider selling 1-10% so your officers can buy into the Company.
they will buy the stocks and they they will stay longer.
counting
Level 8 user
Posts: 836
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:44 am
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: How do I get my COO to stay?

Post by counting »

I felt it also help if your profit always grow in proportion over time. COO like to increase their wealth. And their initial salary is a portion of your annual revenue. So they need to have "actual" paid increase from the portion of the annual profit.

Personally I face the opposite problem, since I always dislike their higher salary eating my profit, and not hiring COO if possible. If they asked for a raise, I just fire them. (or lower my profit, and rehire a cheaper one). I love micromanage my firms directly. COO is only helpful to me for price war and media firm management, billions of salary with these few functions is not worth it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
-------------------------------------------------------------------
platonica
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: How do I get my COO to stay?

Post by platonica »

Kapseljd wrote:Your COO asks for a salary raise or will leave your Company.

So Pay more or search for an better COO.
who eventually also will ask for an salary raise.
My COO never asks for a raise, just informs me of the resignation. The other two ask for raises, but never the COO.
platonica
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: How do I get my COO to stay?

Post by platonica »

counting wrote:I felt it also help if your profit always grow in proportion over time. COO like to increase their wealth. And their initial salary is a portion of your annual revenue. So they need to have "actual" paid increase from the portion of the annual profit.

Personally I face the opposite problem, since I always dislike their higher salary eating my profit, and not hiring COO if possible. If they asked for a raise, I just fire them. (or lower my profit, and rehire a cheaper one). I love micromanage my firms directly. COO is only helpful to me for price war and media firm management, billions of salary with these few functions is not worth it.
I use them for my retail firms, and keep farming, mining and manufacturing to myself.
User avatar
Esoteric Rogue
Level 6 user
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: How do I get my COO to stay?

Post by Esoteric Rogue »

platonica wrote:My COO never asks for a raise, just informs me of the resignation. The other two ask for raises, but never the COO.
If that is the case, then it is a bug. COO should always ask for a raise and will only leave when you reject giving a raise or fire him directly.
lucks
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:39 am

Re: How do I get my COO to stay?

Post by lucks »

i still wouldnt call it a bug just for that.
please check the stocks owned by your COO. If he has equity in other companies (maybe even competing ones) it is perfectly normal for him/her not to want to work for you anymore.
Post Reply