I have been developing a new mod and it has been going fine so far, however today when testing I found a new error I have never seen. I have gone through my files and changes and cannot find what causes the issue. I also don't quite understand the error as I don't have a E: drive. attached a picture of the error. The only thing I could find about this error is that it has to do with the image files, but I checked that all my images were PNG and that they were all 120 x 120 with the small images created from the .bat. However when I have had image errors I do get a reasonable error about the image itself. So I'm not completely sure I'm even in the correct path to fixing this issue.
Thank you for your assistance.
Mod development new error
- RocketStone
- Mod Contributor

- Posts: 25
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:56 am
- Been thanked: 2 times
- RocketStone
- Mod Contributor

- Posts: 25
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:56 am
- Been thanked: 2 times
Re: Mod development new error
[Update]
From the time I posted this issue I have been attempting to figure out what the issue is and today as of writing this update I discovered what it was and I do not at all understand suddenly the change. At the beginning of starting my mod I added 1 new natural resource, followed the guide, tested it and it was working. However all of a sudden this is what causes the error and I do not know why, I discovered it by creating a new folder with a fresh mod kit and started adding things 1 at a time. When I added the natural resource which was item #2 it began giving me the error and now I do not understand what changed because it was working fine before.
[Update 2:]
Shortly after posting the first update, I decided to go back to the guide and check everything was still right, put everything back, tested again and no dice, error again. I decided then to go back to the initial solution provided that it was a graphics issue and went into the folder for the images for natural resources and deleted the (Working before) copper images and duplicated the lithium image and changed it's name to copper. Compiled, tried again and viola! it's working now.
Conclusion for future modders facing this issue, check your images even if they were working before, suddenly they can stop working. I do not know how mine got corrupted to be unusable by the game as I could still open them just fine.
[Update 3:]
Actually not solved. This "Fix" works as long as I don't modify the image file. Once I do a modification the error returns.
From the time I posted this issue I have been attempting to figure out what the issue is and today as of writing this update I discovered what it was and I do not at all understand suddenly the change. At the beginning of starting my mod I added 1 new natural resource, followed the guide, tested it and it was working. However all of a sudden this is what causes the error and I do not know why, I discovered it by creating a new folder with a fresh mod kit and started adding things 1 at a time. When I added the natural resource which was item #2 it began giving me the error and now I do not understand what changed because it was working fine before.
[Update 2:]
Shortly after posting the first update, I decided to go back to the guide and check everything was still right, put everything back, tested again and no dice, error again. I decided then to go back to the initial solution provided that it was a graphics issue and went into the folder for the images for natural resources and deleted the (Working before) copper images and duplicated the lithium image and changed it's name to copper. Compiled, tried again and viola! it's working now.
Conclusion for future modders facing this issue, check your images even if they were working before, suddenly they can stop working. I do not know how mine got corrupted to be unusable by the game as I could still open them just fine.
[Update 3:]
Actually not solved. This "Fix" works as long as I don't modify the image file. Once I do a modification the error returns.
